During the program, you will be required to carry out various translation-related tasks (i.e. translation, review, glossary creation, testing etc.). You will work under the supervision of a tutor, an experienced translator, whose role is to help you improve your skills and ensure the program runs smoothly. All translators work exclusively into their mother tongue and deal with a range of content that will be decided by the linguistic team manager.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Proofreading and editing final translated documents and drafts;
• Researching (vocabulary, phrases and terminology) in order to make sure all translated or proofread materials are fully accurate;
• Working on multiple projects and assignments ensuring that deadlines are met;
• Reviewing original translations for other translators;
• Translating small word counts(upto10,000words);
• Following up for the PLLP (Post Layout Linguistic Proofread);
• QA of Audio and Video files;
• Shortening translations which are too long(i.e. UI strings);
• Preparing transkits for translations using Audio sources;
• Reading through original material and content with the aim and intention to rewrite towards the target audience whilst ensuring that the meaning of the text is completely and accurately retained.
• Bachelor’s degree in Translation or Linguistic fields;
• Native German speaker;
• Very good comprehension of written and spoken English;