We are looking for an English native speaker to do a proofread of up to 45.000 English Image descriptions (~65 characters). Original language is German.
These so called Captions have been translated by a machine. The descriptions are for a botanical archive and might contain Latin plant names.
Here are some examples how it could look like:
• Terrasse mit Sichtschutzelementen aus Weidengeflecht - Terrace with exposed elements of wickerwork
• Terrassenbeet mit Alchemilla mollis (Frauenmantel), Buxus (Buchs) - Terraced bed with Alchemilla mollis (women's coat), Buxus (Buchs)
• Zinkwanne mit Sommerblumen : Calibrachoa Aloha Kona 'Mango' - Zinc tub with summer flowers: Calibrachoa Aloha Kona 'Mango'
In general the task is, to make the translation sound good and correct wrong words, if necessary.
From our experience from a previous, similar project you should be able to do 120 Captions per hour. We can of course provide you with 20 test captions to check your estimated personal time.
Timeline for this project is as soon as possible, but can be negotiated, of course.
Please do send us your time availabilities and fixed cost rate per Caption (proofread only/ correction) to this email address:
- Captions with up to 65 characters
- Captions with more than 65 characters
Unfortunately we cannot work on "cost per word". Thank you very much for your understanding.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!