DA Languages Ltd. is currently seeking freelance Face-to-Face Interpreters based in or near to the Carbonia (Sardinia) area.
Are you fluent in Italian? Do you have experience interpreting for limited English speakers?
We’re looking for applicants who possess the confidence to use their linguistic skills to accurately interpret from one language to another. Applicants should be fluent in Italian and English (i.e. native level) and, ideally, have prior experience in a similar role. The interpreting assignemnts will take place in Carbonia from 8th until 13th September 2017.
About us and the role
DA Languages’ works with Public and Private Sector clients all across the UK. We’re currently recruiting in Sardinia, around the city of Carbonia and are eager to work with new freelance interpreters who can help us to meet the needs of our clients, new and old.
Interpreters will experience a diverse and varied number of situations in which they might interpret, including but not limited to:
• Social Services
• Child Protection appointments
• Medical appointments
• Legal matters and Immigration meetings
The role is ultimately about assisting clients who work with limited English speakers and ensuring that communication is effective and accurate. This is a highly rewarding job role that will challenge your temperament, your ability to think on your feet, and your linguistic skills.
Formal qualifications and experience are preferred, although you may still apply if the following qualifications do not apply to you.
• Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI)
• Community Interpreting
• National Registered (NRPSI)
• Chartered Institute of Linguists Qualifications (CIOL)
• Certificate in Bilingual Skills (CBS)
• BA in Translation/Interpreting
• BA in Languages
If these qualification do not apply to you, please refer your CV to us for review and note that you may have to undergo further checks by our Recruitment team, such as a language assessment test.
There are a number of benefits to joining our Freelance Interpreting Team, including:
• Flexible working hours
• Access to free online training and resources, we encourage interpreters to further their professional developmen
• Competitive rates
• Excellent communication and support from our friendly team
Please note the following criteria must also be met for us to process your application:
• All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
• An Enhanced DBS certificate is required. However, if you do not currently have a DBS certificate, you can apply through us, or do so online.
If you’re interested in working with us as a Freelance interpreter, send us your CV along with a summary of your qualifications, experience and DBS certificate. You can contact us via [HIDDEN]
DA Languages is committed to the elimination of discrimination, be it direct or indirect, and will actively work with our staff and clients to ensure the equality of treatment for all, irrespective of: age, gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, disability, sexuality or religion.