As you will see from my cv, I’ve built my career in a variety of roles and industries, mostly in companies where I was not just the admin but also customer service advisor, technology whiz, seller, buyer, cashier and marketing guru. I’m not only used to wearing many hats, I sincerely enjoy it; I thrive in an environment where every project is different, that was one of the reasons why I decided to become a freelance translator and writer. The other reason was my impeccable excellence in the subject of language, which I perceive as an exciting tool in delivering desired results. I am passionate about language and translation; Love to learn new words and ways of expression. Perhaps I’m lucky since writing and translation are both my hobby and work.
My professional and personal merits include:
• Proficiency in using the newest technologies and tools (including SDL Trados, Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS),
• Strong experience as a Translator/Proofreader/Writer,
• Knowledge of Development, Testing, Localization, and SEO tactics as well as a thirst for keeping up to date with new technologies in the market,
• Excessive background in IT, market and business development, customer service, and E-Commerce,
• Natural ability in building and maintaining relationships within the ever changing market,
• High literacy and numeracy, with advanced Microsoft Office skills,
• Skilfulness to prioritize efficiently,
• Passion and understanding of communicating through social media with an engaging tone,
• Meticulous approach to organization and state of the art timekeeping to manage workload and deadlines,
• Team player who collaborates along with a can do attitude and can work independently if needed.
Since three years I’ve been pursuing a career of a writer and translator, running own translation agency and doing my PhD in Philosophy at University of Warsaw, Poland. I’ve written and translated a huge variety of texts including literary, scientific, and commercial; legal and official documents; as well as ads, apps, and websites (please check my portfolio).
Apart from being flexible, responsive and creative, I’m also a fanatic for details – particularly when it comes to written and visual presentation, so will consult fuzzy and difficult wordings and triple check every line translated and written.
Last but certainly not least, I want you to know that in the course of my professional career, I’ve learned the English manner and the art and ethic of customer service at Grant and Cutler bookshop in the heart of London.