I am a Croatian and Italian teacher with experience in translation of documents and websites. I am looking to put my translation skills to use. Please feel free to contact me if you are looking for a high-quality translation of any web content, blog, book, documents, emails etc. Please keep in mind that I do not translate legal documents.
I'm Ph.D. in Political Studies (Università di Roma "La Sapienza"), member of the editorial board of the "Nuova Rivista Storica" and of the SOG 18 (Society for 18th Century Studies on South Eastern Europe), University of Graz.
I studied perfectly Latin at High School and sustained at the university several exams of English, German and French Language and Culture practicing my translation skills while writing my Master Thesis with proficiency. I pursued further skills working with contracts, patents, diplomatic documents and treaties which unfortunately I cannot show for reasons of confidenciality. Finally I improved my knowledge of Serbian during my stay in Belgrade for my Ph.D. researche.
My method of work is based on a deep respect of the original text, in consideration of the risk bringed by a too literal translation.
I have a master degree in italian language and literature and also a master degree in history. I have been doing translations from english to italian, italian to croatian and croatian to italian since 2013.
Native language(s): Italian and Croatian (bilingual)
Working languages: English, Italian, Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian, Portuguese, Spanish, French
Specializations: Translation, Proofreading, Editing, Transcription
- Legal (Contracts, Patents, Certificates, Court Documents)
- Business (General, Marketing, Annual Reports, Financial)
- Medical (Clinical Trials, Labels, Medical Reports)
- Technical (Engineering, Electronics, Automotive, Marine, Software, IT)
- Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science)
- Media (Advertising, Subtitling, Correspondence, Entertainment, Photography)
- Culture, Music and Art
Capacity: Translation: 3000 words per day; Proofreading/Editing: 7000 words per day
- Twenty years of experience with translation, proofreading, editing, interpretation, subtitling and quality management; sixteen years working as Freelance Translator
- Daily projects for several dozens of clients in Europe, U.S., South America, Australia and South Africa
- Ongoing collaboration with the European Parliament and European Commission in Brussels – target languages: CROATIAN, ENGLISH, ITALIAN
- Ongoing collaboration with the US Department of the Interior
- Project Manager for Targem Translations and Publications (New York, USA) since 2014
- Extensive time living in Italy, UK, USA, France, Spain and Portugal, deep and varied knowledge of regional, cultural and language differences.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, grammar, punctuation, quality element, formatting and client specifications on every job; exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Unconditional respect of deadlines, accuracy and high-quality work
- Freelance translator and interpreter since 1999 (ongoing)
- August 2014 - January 2016: Project Manager for Targem Translations, New York, U.S.
- 2010 – Creator and Head of the English Learning Project “English in Music”, adopted by the Italian Ministry of Public Education and implemented in the entire territory of the Republic of Italy (ongoing)
- 2008-2010 – Head of Public Relations / Foreign Affairs, Alternative Way Art, Italy
- 2008-2010 – Head of Foreign Affairs, Barito Srl, Italy
- 2011, PhD in Translation Studies, University of Bologna, Italy
- 2004, MSc in Comparative Literature, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- 2001, BA in Language and Civilization Studies (English, Portuguese), University of Zagreb, Croatia
- 2000, MA in Piano Performance and Piano Didactics, University of Zagreb, Croatia - University of Aveiro, Portugal
Society Dante Alighieri, Rome, Italy – Translation specialization IT>ENG>CRO (2007)
Portlingua - Association of Translators and Interpreters, Lisbon, Portugal – Translation specialization PORT>ENG>IT>CRO (2000)
British Council, London, UK – English culture and language courses, member since 1995
Ongoing collaborations (selection):
US Department of the Interior, European Parliament (Brussels), Tampa Bay Translations USA, Targem Translations USA, DKP Image+Media USA, CTS Language Link USA, Professional Translations Inc. UK, European Parliament Brussels/Strasbourg, European Commission in Brussels, Amidas d.o.o. Slovenia, SW19 Translations London UK, Global Translators UK, Dynamic Translations di Elisa Campana IT, The World Bank Organization, Cuttingedge Translations UK, Best Quality Translations New York, All Languages Services New Delhi, Parliament of the Republic of Croatia, Enrico Honnorat Translations South Africa, Croatian Writers' Association, Croatian Composers' Society, International Music Institute, Cultural Association A. Toscanini Italy, Alternative Way Art Italy, Barito S.R.L. Italy, Travel Agency Terra Sancta, Croatian Institute of Vehicles, Institute of Social Sciences Ivo Pilar, International Organ Festival Gospic, International Music Festival Gospic, Erasmus Editions, European Congress of Authors and Composers, British Council Association, LearningEnglish.com
- Proficient in all MS Office and Adobe applications and other key programs including Photoshop, Word, Excel, PDF and Quark
- Proficient in Trados (SDL Trados 2014)
- Proficient in Translators Workspace
- Proficient in SmartCAT
- Comfortable with Wordfast
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities with the above programs including formatting and compatibility issues
As a native speaker of Croatian I fell in love with languages in early childhood. Because of that I studied Italian language and literature and Croatian language and literature at the University of Split. I am also very fluent in English which proves my International Certificate in advanced English.
Immediately after graduation I've started working in Department of Culture at a Municipality of City of Split. I worked on various European projects where I had to make numerous translations on a daily basis. Despite my full time job I've worked at home doing translations and giving instructions from languages to elementary and high school children.
I specialize in translation in the following areas: Art and literature;Business documents, such as proposals, marketing and sales material, commerce documents, periodicals, newsletters, magazines, advertisements, PR Materials;Personal documents such as resumes, references certificates,etc.;Travel and leisure