Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
I am engaged in translation of texts and oral speech on narrowly specialized subjects. I have experience working with texts of legal focus, labor contracts, etc. Content of any complexity with a clear compliance with all requirements. I speak fluently English, German, French, Spanish, Italian. I also speak Dutch, Polish, Hebrew and Arabic very well. Basic knowledge of Chinese, Japanese, Finnish, Czech, Greek.
Занимаюсь переводом текстов и устной речи на узкоспециализированные тематики. Имею опыт работы с текстами юридической направленности, трудовыми договорами и др. Контент любой сложности с четким соблюдением всех требований. Свободно владею английским, немецким, французским, испанским, итальянским. Хорошо владею голландским, польским, ивритом и арабским. Владею на начальном уровне китайским, японским, финским, чешским, греческим.
I'm a native German speaker (bilingual DE/EN) from Switzerland, based in Southeast Asia.
My professional background is in banking, fashion, and luxury travel. I have been translating a wide range of legal documents, financial reports, website content, marketing material, travel itineraries, etc. for almost 2 decades. In early 2017 I have transitioned to working as a full-time freelancer.
If your project requires translation (general, financial, legal, technical, medical), proofreading or editing (grammar, syntax, flow, voice, style), it will be in good hands with me. My clients receive regular updates while I work on a task and I am determined to keep deadlines as agreed.
Many of my clients hire me on a repeat basis, however, I'm also open to one-time assignments and flexible in terms of scope and subject matter.
Please message me if you would like to work with me. Thank you!
I am a freelance translator and writer born and raised in the mystical woods of northern Austria, now living in the great Anglo-Bavarian language love triangle between Salzburg, Munich and Melbourne, on a constant coffee high. Bouncing between cultures since my teens has fine-tuned my linguistic senses to the beautiful nuances of English and nurtured my nerd love for the impossibilities of German.
I love what I do. Whatever I get to work on, I finish it thoroughly, on time, with a smile on my face and listening to some good old rock 'n' roll. As you do.
I started translating and consecutive interpreting while at university and kept on doing this on an "as needed" basis during my professional life. Now, as I am retired, I have been keeping on with translations and interpretations on a freelance basis.
I am a translator, editor and tutor for the German language, trained at a business school in Vienna, Austria.
I also worked on numerous projects translating and/or editing subtitles for movies and documenteries.
2014 I started to work on several projects as Siri Data Analyst and Software Tester for a division of the Localization department at Apple European HQ in Cork, Ireland.
For about a decade I translate in the language pair English/German, several years in my position as Office Manager I translated documents relevant to tourism and real estate business into the German language on a daily base. As an online tutor, I support international students to improve their German for a language school based in Berlin.
I am a native German speaker (bilingual GE/EN) with a background in finance/business administration and education (literature, history).
I have experience with transcribing (pharma/business), translating (GE/EN and EN/GE), and proofreading/editing (education/language arts).
I am looking to gain experience in any new topic areas; I enjoy researching new terminology; I am an avid language learner (currently French and Spanish).
I have lived abroad for several years, and I speak and write English at a native speaker’s level; further, I correct English and German texts on a daily basis. Most of these texts are college student essays in a variety of different subjects.
I would be pleased should you decide to entrust me with your text, whether you are looking for a translation, edition of content, or proofreading. There are many different text types, and each deserves individual attention.
I am Swiss who is resident in Brazil and I have been working as language teacher and freelance translator since 2012. I am fluent in German, English and Brazilian Portuguese. I worked for several multinational companies where English was the daily business language.