I would like to work as a Freelance Translator and would like you to be considered for your organization. I am sure that may knowledge in translation from English to Malay will be very beneficial for your organization and I will surely be an asset to your company.
Here is a summary of my experience and knowledge:
• More than 3 years of experience in working as a translator and I cannot see myself working in any other field because I enjoy my work.
• Excellent communication skills and keep enhancing them as they are important in this field and I bring this in my work everyday.
• I am confident and positive personality and this makes it easier for people to get along with me. In translating, personality is as important as the ability to translate the language that is being written or spoken.
Thank you so much for considering my application.
I am a freelance translator for English>Malay>English and have more than 15 years of experience. I graduated
with a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from Widener University, Chester, PA, USA. After that, I
worked with Siemens Semiconductor (M) as a QA Engineer. Currently, I am working with Mitsui High-tec (M)
a Japanese company also as a QA Engineer. In both companies most of the documents used are in their own
thus we have to translate them to English and Malay for our usage. The documents range from technical,
training, environment, safety, procedures , email etc.
I would describe myself as someone who is honest, caring, intelligent, hardworking, and ambitious. I have a great sense of humor. I am an easy going person & don’t get easily disturbed by down’s in my life. I a spiritual person & have a good library of best spiritual books. I also enjoy travelling, watching movies, going out for dinner, and having great intellectual conversations
I started translating academic thesis in 2016 from English into Malay language while completing my Master of Science. Later, in 2018 I decided to become a full-time freelance Malay/English translator. Even though my experience in the translation industry is less than 5 years, however my experience and knowledge, especially in engineering and sciences, are my advantages.
• Graduated with Honours from University of Bradford in Engineering.
• A certified translator from Institut Terjemahan & Buku Malaysia
• Experienced in translating business and technical documents, contracts, books and websites.
A well-presented, polite, articulate and friendly individual who is fully aware of diversity & multicultural issues, hence, able to combine a polite manner with razor-sharp efficiency. An experienced, multi-skilled & reliable freelance translator with a proven ability to translate documents from a source language to a target language. A quick learner who can absorb new ideas & can communicate clearly & effectively with people from all social & professional backgrounds. Flexible in the ability to adapt to challenges when they arise & at the same time remaining aware of professional roles & boundaries.
• Solid experience in translating & subtitling in all areas: business, legal, technical and commercial.
• Possess proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
• Able to work accurately, detailed, work under tight timeframes.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and client relation capabilities.
• A calm professional with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
• Adapt well to challenge, resourceful and flexible.
• Experienced in observing tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information.
• Computer skills: MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Trados.
I spend 5 years in Japan earning my Bachelor's degree at Kyoto Institute of Technology.
In my second year, I started doing freelance translation for JAP-ENG for various materials.
Currently, I'm working full-time as an Engineer at an automotive company, under a Japanese-based management.