I would like to work as a Freelance Translator and would like you to be considered for your organization. I am sure that may knowledge in translation from English to Malay will be very beneficial for your organization and I will surely be an asset to your company.
Here is a summary of my experience and knowledge:
• More than 3 years of experience in working as a translator and I cannot see myself working in any other field because I enjoy my work.
• Excellent communication skills and keep enhancing them as they are important in this field and I bring this in my work everyday.
• I am confident and positive personality and this makes it easier for people to get along with me. In translating, personality is as important as the ability to translate the language that is being written or spoken.
Thank you so much for considering my application.
Hello! I am Naj, a certified professional translator by the Institute of Translation and Books Malaysia since early 2018. Prior to that, I translated casually beginning 2004.
My strengths are in IT, social science and marketing. Among successful projects were localization of websites and apps, translations of e-learning platform, academic research papers, texts for e-commerce & Internet trading, legal documents, psychology and finance bulletins, certificate and waiver agreements, business press releases and many others.
I mainly work with SDL Trados and Xliff files, but can handle MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, HTML, CSS and XML files in their raw formats. I also translate on online translation platform such as Crowdin, OneSky, Transifex and Amara.
I am also a published writer with more than 30 publications in various local media, hence my creative side will be an immense help in finding the most suitable expression.
I am a native Malay and English speaker currently residing in Malaysia. I have a Bachelors Degree in Communication from University of Canberra and General Translation certification from Malaysian Institute of Translation & Books. With over 11 years of experience in Translation, Editing, Proofreading, Copywriting and Subtitling, I am confident that I am able to provide high quality work with a fast turnaround time for you, especially with professional experience in a deadline driven industry. I work from home full time on a freelance basis, therefore able to take up large volume of work.
My experience include:
- Corporate Communications and Branding with reputable organisations; translating various forms of communication in English and Malay
- Freelance Malay Copywriter for an advertising agencies with clients such as Subway, Vitagen, Nissan, Lipton
- Freelance Translator for Tokio Marine, AXA, RHB Bank, QBE Insurance
- Subtitle translations for films, TV shows and documentaries
I am a Malaysian Chinese with excellent language proficiency in Malay, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) and English. With over 20 years of experience in translation and copywriting, I am confident that I can always produce high quality work. Currently I am appointed by SAP, Germany as the Malay Language Expert. Besides, I am also the appointed Subject Matter Expert of The Malaysian Insurance Institute.