Hasnan Hakim is a published, trained translator who works with the language pair of English to Malay and vice versa. He also works with English to Malay to Jawi (an old Arabic-based script for Malay still used in religious documents and restricted platforms) and vice versa. He has translated 500,000 words approximately thus far and growing since 2012 in domains such as business, finance, law, social science and humanities.
As an adept Senior System Analyst, I have well rounded background in software requirements and software development for various industries including human resource, finance, healthcare, aviation, travel and tourism and eCommerce.
My working experience also gave me 8 years translation experience especially during my requirements gathering stage. My expertise in various skills make me a great addition to any project.
I am a Malaysian Chinese with excellent language proficiency in Malay, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) and English. With over 20 years of experience in translation and copywriting, I am confident that I can always produce high quality work. Currently I am appointed by SAP, Germany as the Malay Language Expert. Besides, I am also the appointed Subject Matter Expert of The Malaysian Insurance Institute.
I am a native Malay and English speaker currently residing in Malaysia. I have a Bachelors Degree in Communication from University of Canberra and General Translation certification from Malaysian Institute of Translation & Books. With over 11 years of experience in Translation, Editing, Proofreading, Copywriting and Subtitling, I am confident that I am able to provide high quality work with a fast turnaround time for you, especially with professional experience in a deadline driven industry. I work from home full time on a freelance basis, therefore able to take up large volume of work.
My experience include:
- Corporate Communications and Branding with reputable organisations; translating various forms of communication in English and Malay
- Freelance Malay Copywriter for an advertising agencies with clients such as Subway, Vitagen, Nissan, Lipton
- Freelance Translator for Tokio Marine, AXA, RHB Bank, QBE Insurance
- Subtitle translations for films, TV shows and documentaries
Ding-dong! Translator calling!
Do you find it difficult to translate without losing its original meaning and being too literal? Searching for a dedicated and excellent translator? I am the one you've been looking for!
Being a multi-skill freelancer, I am also able to do:
1. English to Malay translation and vice versa.
2. Transcription from audio / video to MS Word / notepad / client’s preferred software
3. Copy-typing from image / PDF to MS Word / notepad / client’s preferred software
4. Presentation design using MS PowerPoint / Prezi
5. Data entry using MS Word / MS Excel
I believe having positive thinking and being a detail-oriented person, I can complete any task with perfection. Furthermore, I love taking challenges as it will make me more focus in accomplishing my task.
So, to all the possible clients out there, please do not hesitate to hire me for the best and impactful result! Please contact me for any inquiry. Thank you :)