I CAN SPEAK ,WRITE ,MULTI LANGUAGE LIKE ENGLISH ,SPANISH ,KOREANS, HINDI ,GERMAN ,,RUSSIAN ,LATIN ,LAO ,FRENCH ,ARABIC ,ESTONIAN, CHINESE (TRADITIONAL) ,KURDISH, PORTUGUESE ,PERSIAN, CHINESE (SIMPLIFIED), ITALIAN, PASHTO, UZBEK ,GEORGIAN, HUNGARIAN ,FINNISH,KAZAKH,LATVIAN, TURKISH,HEBREW,SWEDISH,ARMENIAN, JAPANESE , DANISH,DUTCH, FILIPINO,BURGARIAN,VIETNAMESE , UKRAINIAN,SLOVENIAN, ROMANIAN,SWAHILI,SERBIAN,IRISH,SLOVAK,AFRIKAANS, BENGALI,GREEK,THAI ,ENGLISH (USA),PUNJABI, MONGOLIAN, SERBIAN ,BELARUSIAN,TAMIL,TELUGU,ODIA, ETC.
I am a translator for the English - Slovenian and Slovenian - English combination. I have plenty of experience with texts from various fields; I prefer general texts but I also translate more technical and specific texts.
My name is Aleksandra Urbas, I am a translator, an entrepreneur, an author and a project manager. I aspire for new knowledge in life, I am always interested in new opportunities and new contacts.
My husband and I have a family business, I am working mostly in the field of project and sales management and translation.
My language combinations are: RUS — SLO, SLO — RUS, ENG — RUS, RUS — ENG, SLO — ENG, ENG — SLO.
My work experience will speak for itself, but I am always looking for new knowledge, that is why I am educating myself frequently.
I am very interested in international work and business connections.
I am a Slovenian translator with an excellent command of English and Italian and considerable experience in translating and proofreading as a freelancer, particularly in the following fields: marketing, tourism, fashion, health and lifestyle, education, general legal texts (contracts, regulations).
Throughout my career, I have translated different types of texts:
- Translation of business correspondence from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of subtitles for different television shows/films from English into Slovene
- Translation of various technical and legal documents (instruction manuals for home appliances, agricultural machinery and physiotherapy equipment, contracts, forms, certificates) from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various fashion, home and sports products (clothing, footwear, accessories, cosmetics, kitchen utensils, bedding etc.) from English into Slovene
- Translation of various cosmetics texts (marketing, products, professional magazine) from English/German into Slovene
- Translation of websites for various companies from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various medical texts from English/German into Slovene
When hired for translation to/from English / Slovenian / Serbian / Croatian, or proofreading, I will help with:
- Correcting all typos and misspellings
- Reducing Wordiness and improving sentence structure
- Improving sentence structure and choice of words
- Ensuring proper punctuation
I have more than ten years of experience in the field of translation, with various clients from all around the world (Sony, Fujitsu, Mena Translations, European Union, Apple, etc.). I use certified SDL Trados Studio 2019 Professional for my work, so my clients can always be sure that they will receive the high-quality translation, without any mistakes and changes in the original formatting (if not required otherwise).
I am a young, ambitious person, devoted to achieving top results in all aspects of life. I am very good at time management and do not need supervision to ensure timely completion of work.
I am a professional translator and web developer active in those fields for more than the last 10 years now. My mother tongue is Slovenian. More info on www.weblio.si
My area of expertise is the IT field. I was involved with the localisation of Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10 into Slovene. Apart from that, I also cooperated with the group of translators localising Microsoft Office 15, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange into Slovene.
These are only projects regarding the localisation of Software. On top of that I also translated numerous texts for Microsoft Support Pages, Apple Support Pages and, last but not least, Google+ Support Pages.
In total I translated over 2.000.000 words into Slovene regarding the IT field.
I also translated numerous texts regarding operational manuals for diffrent types of machines (Makino, Komatsu, Bosch, Stadler, Staeubli, Big Duchman, Wangen Pumpen, etc). In fact, more than half of monthly work accounts to technical translation.
I was born and raised in Slovenia, where I started learning foreign languages at a very young age. I quickly developed a passion for multiculturalism and cultural competence, and learning and using foreign languages soon became my everyday life. I obtained my undergraduate degree at the University of Ljubljana, with a concentration in International Relations. My studies included a year of study abroad at the University of Copenhagen. My academic success was recognized with the prestigious Prešeren Award by the University of Ljubljana. This is the highest distinction to be given to a student in the field of art and science. The knowledge I gained during my Bachelors Degree created awareness within me of making a bigger difference with my life. I started my advanced academic journey in Chicago, where I earned the Masters of Science in International Public Service.
In addition to living in both rural and urban settings, poverty-stricken and rich neighborhoods on three different continent
Highly motivated team player and confident independent contributor.
I provide effective, responsible, timely assistance with flexible, focused and positive approach to my tasks. I am capable to learn and comprehend new systems and work methods quickly.
*** Translation ***
Translation and Localization - 11+ yrs of experience.
- Software translation & localization ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- Manuals translation & localization ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- Telecommunications translations ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- IT localization translator ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- EU documents translation ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- Music web page translation and localization ENG-SLO
- Web page localization ENG-CRO
- Translator manager for Amazon listings
Highly fluent in English
Working knowledge of Italian, French, Spanish, German
- Macintosh and Microsoft Windows system user.
- Knowledge and experience in using all integrated applications including MS Office, Email, Internet applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of applications such as Trados 2011,
MemoQ, IBM TM, Audacity, ExpressScribe, Camtasia Studio,Wordpress, Magento, Amazon.
- Advanced technical skills related to telecommunications and
connectivity (mobiles-PCs), hardware and software compatibility
and usability, troubleshooting etc.
Able and willing to learn and comprehend new systems and methods quickly.
I am a rounded individual with various fields of interest, which makes me suitable for many different kinds of projects as I am able to conduct my own research and guarantee accuracy of any project I partake in.
Teacher of German and English – private courses, translator, proofreader – Freelancer (from 2014 on)
Teacher of German and English at the School Centre Šolski center Celje (1991-2014)
Teacher of German and English at the School of Management SUAŠ, Ljubljana (1989-1991)
Tutoring pre-school children (1985-1989)
Evening classes for adults at University Extention LU Cene Štupar, Ljubljana (1984-1985)
Receptionist in Marina, THP Casino, Portorož (1981)