I am a translator since 2006. Worked in many domains like medical, e-learning, commercial scripts, Insurance, ICF, Marketing etc. Other skills include proof reading, subtitling, localization. Give a project to know about my work. I swear you will give again.
I have been translating for the last 3 years, and I have tremendous passion for translation. I am a native Tamil language speaker. I had scored first class marks in my basic degree in both English & Tamil Languages. I have translated over 300,000 words. I can translate from English to Tamil and viceversa. I can do transcription of Videos and Audios into Tamil and English languages. I can do transcription with Timestamp. I can also do sub-titles for television serials and movies
I am Ramesh Shanmugam, a freelance Translator / Transcriber / Interviewer [Patient Interviews] [ENGLISH <> TAMIL] from India and I possess around 15 years of experience in Translating Medical, Immigration, Health Promotion documents, IT, Advertisement, Marketing and General documents and Software/Website/Mobile Localization works.
My credentials are available for your review at:
Please find attached herewith my updated CV for your kind perusal.
I feel that I have the relevant skills to support my application and looking forward to working with you.
• Master of Arts in Public Administration, Ravishankar University, Chattisgarh, June 1972.
• Bachelor of General Law, University of Mysore, Karnataka, June 1977
• PG Diploma in Labour Laws and Administrative Law, Annamalai University, June 1982
• PG Diploma in Social Work (Labour Welfare), Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management, University of Calcutta, West Bengal, May 1984
• Bachelor of Science, Hislop College, Nagpur University, April1965
1. Meritoriously completed a three-month long program for Senior Managers in the Commonwealth region in the areas of HRD, HRM, and IR, conducted by Templeton College, Oxford, UK in December 1989.
2. I have a certificate issued by the Tamil Testing Body for passing their examination in Tamil in I class.
3. Throughout my study from elementary level to Masters level and beyond, I had studied in English as such there was no need for me to have a separate certificate for proficiency in English. Hindi was studied up to graduate level and all along I had been interacting in Hindi throughout my service tenure.