I'm a very motivated translator who is looking for great possibilities to translate your documents and projects of different kinds. I've got a B.A. degree in Italian and English Studies and currently I'm doing a binational master program in Italian language, literature and culture.
Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
I am a native German translator, and I am specialised in several fields. For years I've been working successfully with different translation agencies as well as major companies such as Siemens or General Electric. I offer high quality translation and localization services as well as proofreading.
I am a native German speaker (bilingual) from Switzerland, with a professional background in finance, fashion and luxury travel. In early 2017 I have transitioned to working as a full-time freelancer.
I am a passionate linguist and keen to deliver high-quality work. It is important to me that my clients are 100% satisfied with the outcome and I am willing to go the extra mile. I am interested in projects that involve
- Translation (general, technical, medical
- Editing (various content)
- Proofreading (documents, contracts, novels, etc.)
- Virtual Assistance
in either language. I am efficient, responsive, attentive to detail, and determined to keep deadlines as agreed. Assignments can range from one-time jobs to long-term commitments. I am flexible in terms of time frames and subject matter.
Please contact me if you feel that I could be a good match for your project. I look forward to e-meeting you!
I have been working as a freelancer since the early 2000s. I used to work for a German music magazine, conducting interviews in English and writing them up in German. Additionally, I have published my own work in arts magazines. I studied Creative Writing in the UK while working full-time in the UK for a walking tour guide company. I am currently writing short fiction for my own pleasure, while studying Japanese and doing an MA in Japanese and Asian Culture with the focus on Japanese History. I am punctual and reliable.
I am a graduate of social sciences with a major in political sciences and minors in sociology and psychology. While a student I started being a freelancer, at first in fields related to SEO and natural language processing, and then progressively moved towards translation and subtitling, which I am dedicated to the last few years. I have solid experience in the travel and hospitality sector, website and game localization, as well as subtitling (TV-series, feature films, documentaries, sports commentaries).
regular translation projects since 1997 IT>DE, experience abroad in Germany, Italy, England and Spain. 2006 degree in Translation and Interpretation at at Cologne University of Applied Sciences (Germany). Masters degree in Business Communication Management in 2009 at ESERP Business School Madrid (Spain). Since 2012 working as a freelance translator/interpreter in Madrid (Spain).
Technology and industrial engineering, robotics and automation, Software and Production, as well as transcreation for product placement, services, websites ....
My name is Julius Schaad, I am a German American freelance translator and language tutor of German and English. I speak fluent Russian and possess basic language skills in French and Arabic. I have a German degree in engineering, which I got in 2010. In the same year I started working as a freelance translator (English and German), and since 2013 I have been teaching English and German as a language tutor in Moscow, Russia. In 2017 I graduated from Moscow State University (MSU) with a degree in International Relations.
I'm a dedicated German translator with a background in business and marketing who has 2 years of experience as a freelance translator and 5 years of professional experience in in-house roles in the language service industry. I have an eye for detail, a strong sense of customer service, and thorough knowledge of marketing (both B2B and B2C). In the past, I have completed various translation and localization assignments, including web and video content, marketing materials, and business correspondence from English into German and vice versa. As I am fascinated by the intersection of languages and entrepreneurship, my goal is to use my language skills to help businesses reach a global audience.
Freelance translator, I work for a large number of translation agencies across Europe. Language pairs:
English ► German;
Spanish ► German;
Dutch ► German;
Swedish ► German;
Fields of expertise:
• Solar energy, photovoltaics, solar thermal energy, solar cells, solar panels
• Bioclimatic architecture, sustainable architecture, living roof, roof gardens, green walls
• Environmental protection, renewable energies, renewables, energy efficiency, sustainable energy, electrical energy storage, smart grids
• Health, nutrition, sustainability, awareness
• Tourism, travel
• Shipping, transport, traffic
I translate technical and creative texts from English and Italian to German. These include operating manuals, machine descriptions, marketing materials, brochures, Websites, ... My specialist areas are food and drink, agriculture, religion/theology and tourism.
I also offer subtitling services.
Native German speaker with 31 years of experience as translator and project manager in the translation and software localization environment. Specialized in IT, software, hardware, e-business, technical translations, Medical, economics and Financial.
Соединенное Королевство Великобритании и Северной Ирландии, Leicester
MBA Postgraduate, with 20+ years of international work experience. Reliable, accurate, fast and affordable translator. English to German, German to English, specialisation: Business and general translation.
You want your dream clients to hang on your every word;
but finding the right ones to reach them can be a tad tedious.
Or downright excruciating.
Well, take a deep breath. It doesn’t have to be this way.
After more than 12 years of managing my own business as well as international relations for numerous clients, I started concentrating on what I’m most passionate about:
Writing copy and creating valuable content for businesses on a mission.
I work in three distinct ways:
One: Translating your marketing and communication documents to convey your message to German readers.
Two: Creating meaningful, valuable content to support you in positioning your business.
Three: Revamping your business copy and PR documents.
Sounds good? Then let’s get rolling!
Guess you’d like to get to know me a little more before you go off exploring my services.
Kudos for being thorough on your inquiry! I can relate.
This business is my passion and perfect results for the projects I take part in are my personal agenda.
Here’s what you need to know about me:
This year, I was appointed president for the DVÜD, the german association for freelance translators and interpreters www.dvud.de
I do pro bono translations for Translators Without Borders.
I help my clients (that’s you!) get exactly what they need:
Texts with a twist of that certain je ne sais quoi to stick in your reader’s head and mind.
So, if you’re quite over coach class results for your first class enterprise,
come work with me at The Vegan Translator.
Contact me for a free consultation. I look forward to talking to you.