I am a skilled translator specializing in translation form English into Russian and vice versa. My experience covers a wide range of different topics from various areas of both industrial and humanitarian branches of knowledge. For the last 2,5 years, I have been working as a freelance translator for corporate and private clients at SmartCAT platform. Previously, I worked as Geologist being a part of a international team at Schlumberger company in different location both throughout the Russian Federation and abroad. Therefore, I have been able to practice in and improve my English for the last 6-7 years
I am a freelance translator who has special linguistic degree and experience in different spheres of translation activities. I am native in Russian, but up to this point I have been learning English for more than 15 years. I can translate any kind of document, whether it is technical, legal etc. I am also a big fan of cooking shows, so I can be a good source of information in this field.
I am a native Russian/Ukrainian speaker with a degree in English philology.
Translation is my passion as this way you can learn about so many different things and make a contribution into a lot of amazing projects around the world.
With over 7 years of experience in working as a translator, I have developed several different areas of expertise. These include:
Business •Economics • Legal • Hospitality/Catering • Gambling industry • Construction/Infrastructure • Finance •Healthcare • General etc.
The kinds of texts I translate on a regular basis include the following:
Applications • Articles• Books •Brochures • Business correspondence• Contracts •Flyers • Games • Manuals• Menus• Newsletters • Presentations• Press releases • Project plans• Proposals • Questionnaires • Reviews •Reports • Surveys • Tenders • Websites and more.
Extensive experience in:
– technical literature translation (general technology, production equipment, transport, communications equipment and systems; IT technologies and systems: measuring and computing equipment; medical translations – therapy, diagnostics, pharmacology, medical equipment) etc. from Russian into English and from English into Russian;
– developing technical documentation (user and service guides, instruction booklets, user interfaces etc., incl. in accordance with international methods and standards);
– writing articles, essays, advertising texts, reviews, presentations, participating in conferences and shows.
Skills and capabilities:
Windows and Mac office software skills, some experience in software development environments. Experience with Adobe InDesign page setting, document and publication creation (guides, catalogs, posters, leaflets), digital image (drawings, diagrams etc.) editing and retouching in Adobe Photoshop.
Dear clients, welcome to my SmartCAT profile!
About me (briefly):
• Native speaker of Russian with advanced skills in English
• Working as a freelance translator since December 2011.
• Working as an outside translator with OVVK d.o.o. (Slovenia) since June 2014.
I specialise in the following fields: legal papers, finance, banking, insurance, business, capital markets, investments/securities, M&A, corporate governance.
I can confidently call myself an expert in these subjects: more than 500,000 words translated as of April 24,2017.
For reference, see Letter of Recommendation (OVVK Translations) in my portfolio.
I also work in the following fields as a translator: IT, programming, software engineering, computer systems and networks, telecommunications, automation and robotics, science, machinery, mining and blasting, oil & gas, engineering (general), equipment (manuals).
• Translating videos, computer games, blog articles and scientific publications, fiction books and advertising materials - any content of your choice
• Making subtitles, audio transcription, voice recording, etc.
• Using and learning new CAT tools
• Glossography and TM building
I work with different types of files, including PDF, DOC, CDR, INDD, webpages or another editable file format. During translation, stylistics and appearance of documents are retained to the greatest possible extent.
English - fluent, Advanced level
Russian - native, 100% literacy
Tatar - basic
Hindi - basic
• August 2008, FLS International - Cirtus College, Glendora, California: 1-month English acquisition program (Upper Intermediate)
• 2009-2011, Kazan Federal University, Information Technologies
(including 3-semester course of Upper Intermediate English)
Hobbies and interests:
Music, travel, discovering foreign cultures and languages through communication with native speakers, computers and electronics, cinema.
translations and interpreting since 1994. oil & gas, geodesy, civil engineering, road and bridge design & construction, geology, air transportaion safety, medicine, telecom, joint ventures, furniture production. teaching at medical university. cooperation with researches in geology, medicine(reproductology experts), solar physics. CAT technologies, AutoCAD, CorelDraw, MS Office, PS.