We need someone who could spend 2-3 hours a day on average translating and/or proofreading US English to Russian translations (sometimes 1 hr, and sometimes 8 hrs -- but with advance warning for bigger jobs LOL).
Subject is general, with a bit of marketing (so creative writing background would be a plus): these are advertising brochures, websites, login instructions, etc.
1. The work will need to be done in a bi-lingual two-column table, in an online CAT tool (you will receive instructions for this). Printed/online materials and style guides are nevertheless available and will need to be reviewed.
2. Each job will arrive with sometimes a pretty tight deadline, which will need to be kept. So if you take this job, you will need to commit to logging in fairly frequently (2-3 times a day)
What I'm looking for:
1. Someone who does not cut corners and will actually read all the background materials (source files, style guides, etc.) and follow the instructions.
2. Someone committed to quality and has attention for details and accuracy of every word in translation, but also has a concept that the language needs to be "normal", the way people really talk and not a mirror of English. Website and marketing materials translation background is a plus
3. Someone who can commit to this job and be available on a regular basis, and for an extended period of time (if everything works out).