Position is based in SHENZHEN
The main role of the Chinese to English in-house translator will be to serve as a gatekeeper for the quality of translations (grammar, spelling and punctuation, meaning accuracy -loyalty to source, style, terminology and consistency). You will work with a team and under the supervision of a mentor to complete linguistic projects according to the requests of clients. You will gain real work experience and learn to communicate with project managers and other employees, to manage your workload and time, to use translation tools (like CAT), and more. The position is based in our office in Shenzhen.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring the overall linguistic quality of a variety of projects across numerous platforms while being responsible for the correctness of the integrated language.
• Proof-reading and reporting any existing terminology, glossary, spelling, grammar and visualization issues as well as suggesting or implementing solutions.
• Cooperating with other internal and external translators/LQA resources.
• Other linguistic-related tasks (Audio transcription, WinAlign, etc...).
• Native level of English for both speaking and writing.
• Must have a very good comprehension of written and spoken Chinese.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and their functions.
• Basic knowledge of Internet & Email communication applications.
• Previous translation/proofreading experience from Chinese.